Sonya is teaching a small number of private students in Sydney this year. She offers a unique style of lesson for people wanting to learn classical and extended vocal techniques, culminating in experimental and improvisational outcomes.
– Learn sound classical technique for precision, control, flexibility, power and vocal health
– Discover their own unique vocal qualities and language
– Discover the ‘composer within’ through the art of improvisation
– Play from graphic, text-based and conceptual scores, and create their own
– Explore site-specific playing in various locations outside of the studio